Spice it up.
How many boring meetings, boardroom pitches or training sessions have you been to?
I am sure you are running out of fingers on your hands to count by now.
It’s very easy to ‘Spice It Up’. I am amazed that people still go into meetings, pitches or training unprepared or with little or no skills in this area when there are so many resources available to help them.
And sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars can be at stake if you miss the mark.
Here are 5 easy to implement tips that are sure to spice it up:
- A hot opening – The purpose of an opening is to incite curiosity and get attention. Give those meetings an opening that they don’t expect so they sit up and pay attention right from the start.
- Explode the senses – The more senses we engage the deeper level of recall/learning. Bring colourful charts, stunning images, props, short video clips, things to feel and taste (if appropriate) and even you are a visual resource so ensure you dress the part.
- Introduce lots of flavour – Mix the method up. Don’t just talk at them. Get them involved too. Share a story, ask and answer questions and keep them engaged.
- Offer 3 courses – Entrée – The facts/history to date, Main – the key messages facts, figures and content, Dessert – How can they use the information to benefit their organisation, find that sweet spot.
- Reveal the secret spice – That’s you or your team. The secret ingredient that will make it all come to life. They don’t want to miss out on that.
Spice it up for a win-win
If you need help to spice up your presentations contact:
Paula Smith CSP- Your expert in Presentation Intelligence (TM) Speaker, Master Trainer and Author of Speaking in the Shower, Powerful Presentation Principles and Sell Your Story
Paula is also the CEO of the Global Institute of Training and Presenting and the developer of the Diploma of Neuropresenting (TM) The world first programme and diploma qualification in Presentation Intelligence.
Next 2 day Exceptional Presenter Programme Perth September 7th -8th $995.00
Diploma or Certification of Neuropresenting Perth October 9-13th and Sydney Oct 23rd – 27th – From $2,995.00
Or book an in-house professional development workshop or programme for your organisation.